The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides a Federal Dispute Resolution Program in states that do not have a state-run dispute resolution program in place. Disputes concerning homes located in states with their own dispute resolution programs must be referred to the appropriate state program.
For HUD-administered dispute resolution states, form HUD-311-DR should be used to make a request for dispute resolution. The following information must be provided in the request:
- Homeowner Name, Address, and Contact Information;
- Manufacturer, Retailer, and Installer Names and Contact Information, to the extent available;
- Date the report of the alleged defect was made;
- Name and Contact Information of the recipient(s) of the report of the alleged defect;
- Date of installation of the manufactured home affected by the alleged defect; and
- Description of the alleged defect.
Requests can be submitted to:
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Office of Manufactured Housing Programs
451 Seventh Street, SW, Room 9168
Washington, DC 20410-8000
Telephone: (202) 708-6423 or (800) 927-2891
FAX: (202) 708-4213
Requests can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.