HUD Office of Housing Counseling
Housing Counseling Works
HUD -approved Housing Counseling has been helping consumers across America make informed housing decisions for more than 50 years. Wherever you are in the housing process, the nationwide network of HUD-approved housing counseling agencies is here for you -- providing insights and answers you need to make the choices that are right for you.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development awarded Fiscal Year 2022 housing counseling and training grants to provide vital housing counseling services and ongoing support for professional devolvement for the nation’s housing counselors.
HUD AWARDS FY21 GRANTS TO SUPPORT HOUSING COUNSELING PROGRAMS, PARTNERSHIPS WITH MINORITY SERVING INSTITUTIONS, AND TRAINING
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) today awarded housing counseling grants to HUD-approved housing agencies and intermediary organizations, including funding to HUD-approved housing counseling agencies that are partnering with Historically Black College and Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs), or other Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs).
Housing Counseling Federal Advisory Committee
Federal Register Announcement of the Housing Counselling Federal Advisory Committee; Notice Of Public Meeting
HCFAC Meeting September 27, 2022
HCFAC Meeting Dec. 13, 2022
Minutes for the Dec. 13, 2022 HCFAC meeting.
HUD Publishes New Federal Register Notice: Appointments to the Housing Counseling Federal Advisory Committee; Solicitation of Nominations
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) established the Housing Counseling Federal Advisory Committee (HCFAC) on April 14, 2015. The HCFAC will consist of 12 members, equally representing the mortgage industry and real estate industry, including consumers, and HUD-approved housing counseling agencies. This notice invites nominations for an appointment to fill one vacancy on the HCFAC to represent the mortgage industry.
|Bridge Q1 2022 New HCFAC Members 1st page||Bridge Q1 2022 New HCFAC Members 2nd page|
- Federal Register Notice for the December 13 HCFAC meeting
- Federal Register Notice for August 8 2022 HCFAC Meeting
- Federal Registry Notice of September 27 2022 HCFAC Meeting
- YouTube video of 8/8/22 HCFAC Meeting
- YouTube video of 5/22 HCFAC Meeting
- Notice of September 27, 2022 HCFAC Meeting
- HCFAC FY21 Annual Report
- Advisory Committee Member Bios
- January 2022 Appointed HCFAC Committee Member Bios
- HUD Office of Housing Counseling Notice of Public HCFAC Meeting
- Video of the January 19, 2022 meeting of the HCFAC
Previous Meeting Minutes
- Housing Counseling Federal Advisory Committee Bios
- Housing Counseling Federal Advisory Committee Charter 2022
- Housing Counseling Federal Advisor Committee By-Laws 2022.
- Press Release: HCFAC appoints new members and Announces future expansion
Tribal Consultation on the Final Rule for Housing Counseling Certification – Dear Tribal Leader Letter
Housing Counseling by the Numbers*
Year after year, HUD-approved housing counseling is making a difference in so many ways
* Source - HUD Office of Housing Counseling
The approval of a housing counseling agency does not create or imply a warranty or endorsement by HUD of the approved agency or its employees to a prospective client or to any other organization or individual. Approval means only that the agency has met the qualifications and conditions prescribed by HUD.
"Watch our short housing counseling videos on HUD's YouTube Channel."