Moving to Work (MTW) Policy Guidance
The following policy guidance is provided to agencies participating in the MTW Demonstration to supplement the information contained in the MTW Agreement.
- Guidance Regarding Compliance With Labor, Environmental, and Other Federal Requirements When Awarding Project Based Vouchers
- Local, Non-Traditional (LNT) Guidance
- Guidance on Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity Requirements for PHAs (PIH Notice PIH 2011-31 (HA) and FHEO Notice FHEO-2011-1)
- Baseline Methodology for Moving to Work Public Housing Agencies (PIH Notice PIH 2013-02 (HA)
- HUD Monitoring of Moving to Work (MTW) Agencies
Planning, Reporting and Evaluation
- 50900, Attachment B - Forms, Instructions and Guidance
- MTW Supplement to the Annual PHA Plan
- MTW Certifications of Compliance (fillable PDF, from the MTW Supplement to the Annual PHA Plan)
- Special Instructions for Preparing Financial Data Schedules for MTW Agencies
- (NEW) MTW Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Resources - This resource page includes the training webinar from August 2022 of the changes to the Voucher Management System (VMS) fields used by the MTW PHAs and the MTW HCV Utilization Dashboard.
Funding Issues Guidance
- MTW Repositioning FAQ - Provides guidance to non-MTW PHA(s) that are transferring their public housing program funds to legacy and expansion MTW PHA(s), including whether the MTW PHA may use funding flexibility with the non-MTW PHA’s public housing program funds (including reserves).
- MTW Special Purpose Voucher FAQ (updated December 2022)
- Moving to Work (MTW) Agency Funding
HUD-50058 MTW, IMS/PIC Guidance and Occupancy
Demolition and Disposition
Transition From MTW Demonstration
Last updated January 20, 2023